Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 2 Preparation



So last night was prepping for Day 2 of the BPC. I managed to streamline the time down to 2 hours. That included washing the veggies/fruit, juicing and cleanup. Not too bad, and tonight, I am aiming for an hour and a half.

First off, the grocery list had been shaved down a bit due to the excess from the day before. So the grand total ended up being $25 (for produce and cashews).

I modified the recipe, since there was excess from the day before, and adjusted the quanities to make 2 green juices. Well, I must have some juicy produce, because the recipe actually yielded 3 bottles. So I now have excess again! 



By the end of this experiment, I will hopefully modify the quantities so you guys know exactly what you need without having too much excess, for a day's worth.

Last night was the first time I had to prep the cashew milk. Here goes:
  •  Make sure to soak those cashews for at least 8 hours...the softer they are, the more "milk" they'll yield. 
  • You basically mix all the ingredients in the blender and blend until it's as smooth as you can make it. I had all the remnants at the bottom, so I drained them through a strainer and just drank the milk. 
  • The BPC version is much tastier, as they seem to get the cashews to blend completely, and the milk is more thick as a result. But this hacked version is by no means bad. And after a long day of vegetable juices, you'll be longing for this dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment